It’s wedding season, and that means Bridal Showers abound! One of Kat’s nearest and dearest friends, Anneliese, is getting married in Texas and Kat is in shower planning mode! We’ve had so much fun pinning ideas to our latest Bridal Tea Inspiration Board.
Here’s what has inspired us so far!
1. Food and beverage – No tea party is complete without Cucumber Sandwiches and these are quick and easy. We also love these gorgeous open face Mosaic Sandwiches! And with the bride and bridesmaids watching their figures, a platter of assorted fruits is essential! The tea? H-E-B in Texas has the most luxurious line of teas called, “My Cup of Tea”, and two in particular caught Kat’s eyes and taste buds. First, Serenity, an herbal infusion with calming lavender and sweet mint. The blend has a gentle sweetness that allows the mind to slow down and take in the moment. Then, there’s Joy, a delicate green tea with a hint of jasmine that lifts the soul! The heady floral scent accentuates the brightness of the green tea and makes any day feel like a sunny day. What better tea blends to soothe and celebrate this exciting time in the bride’s life!
2. Setting the scene – We love the idea of a vintage setting, and how fun to re-purpose an old chest of drawers or dressing table into the tea party’s buffet or welcoming tableau. A damaged mirror might be turned into a chalkboard with a welcome message or menu. Vintage cups and saucers may set the stage, or this may be where the tea sandwiches, fruit platters and desserts may be laid out.
3. Party favors – How fun are these? Custom tea bags for the guests to take home and enjoy after the wedding festivities have subsided. This is a lovely way to keep the tea party going!
4. Selfie Station – One would be remiss to not plan for selfies at such an event! And what a sweet and sassy backdrop this is!
5. Table decor – Re-purposing household items and un-used craft materials is a big win when it comes to decorating for an event! Annaliese’s mom has a gorgeous rose garden, and Kat has quite a stash of scrapbooking paper. She can pick up a dozen mis-matched narrow vases or bottles from a second hand store, and voila! Charming centerpieces!
6. The dress! – A hostess must look her best, and Kat has her heart set on a vintage, tea length number. We love the scalloped neckline and the nipped in waist of this one. And the color! Divine!
7. Accessories – No outfit is complete without the right shoes and jewelry. A little sparkle on a kitten heel will do nicely. And while Kat’s budget might not allow for the real deal, a girl can dream about these, can’t she?
Are you planning a bridal shower? What has been your source of inspiration?